I intend this to be a motivational post about art, with some tips and notes which I hope to be useful to you, I believe these points will make you better and in constant growth as an artist! I'm talking from experience, these things really helped me grow up in the last year more than I grew up during all my life before practicing these!
1) Draw all the time! anything, everywhere, doodle, move your hand!
2) Draw from life as much as you can, don't depend on drawing from pictures. Life drawing makes you understand shapes and masses better.
3) Do croquis! sit in your school, college, in the subway and make fast sketches of everyone around you, that's extremely helpful.
4) DON'T focus on the tools and mediums, a more expensive pencil won't make you a better artist, you're still learning, tools don't matter now believe me!
5) DON'T copy paste drawings, this won't get you anywhere (especially when your only copying from one style), yes reference is important, just don't copy paste
6) Don't be afraid while drawing, trust your lines, make them one and strong, the drawing doesn't need to be PERFECT now, you're learning, make your lines clear, make them speak! do that and your lines will get better and stronger gradually, trust me
7) Photography! Yeah, it really helps to understand the positioning.
8) Enjoy drawing
9) Draw again!
10) When a drawing doesn't get the way you wanted, that doesn't mean you failed, no, you LEARNED, it may be a cliche line but it's true!
11) Feed your eyes! always view and watch the works of others, think about it.
12) Observe, learn to notice the beauty in everything around you, God Is Beautiful
13) Don't expect to reach the summit, NOBODY WILL! and when you feel like you're above others then you're in the bottom.
14) Be Humble, accept criticism, welcome it! learn from others, everybody has a thing to offer.
15) Don't worry about having your own style now, it will come on its own and it might take years, be patient
Last two things:
I've always believed that talent is everything, if you don't have it, you won't get anywhere, guess what, that was a WRONG belief
What your really need is Hard Work and Strong Will, talent is only a supporting factor, it all depends on you, remember the story of the rabbit and the turtle.
Finally: KEEP GOING! I think this is the hardest part, because this path is difficult, and it never ends, and giving up halfway is really easy! you could just stop, it's very easy to submit to your frustration and urge to be better, it's easy to give up when you see better artists' work, it's common to feel you won't get there, BUT, if you really want to, if you have the guts, work hard, DON'T STOP!!
hope that was helpful
have a good and fruitful day